?Primary Art is the newest book in award-winning author MaryAnn Kohl's art series, with more than 100 projects that offer amazing results to delight and teach children ages 5--8. A unique characteristic of Primary Art is that each art experience has three parts; it is introduced by a simple activity, progresses to a more experienced level, and finishes with a more intricate primary art experience. With this book, teachers, parents, after-school caregivers, and anyone working with children will encourage creativity, promote the process of art exploration, and appreciate the significance of the resulting art. Activities are sure to please, such as "Shimmer Paint," painting on aluminum foil with tempera and dish detergent, "Squeezy Batik," a batik resist using a flour-water mixture and watercolors, "Crinkle Scruncher," crinkled paper formed into sculptures, and "Jellie Dangles," ornaments made with gelatin!
Key features of this book:
- Activities are presented from quick-and-easy to multifaceted.
- Three-part projects offer exploration of the qualities and properties of art materials, an introductory art experience, and a third project that builds upon the introduction.
- Everyday materials are listed to capture the imagination of primary children.
- Each individual's artwork will reflect individual creativity, not a pre-made sample or mock-up.
- All projects have icons that designate time requirements, adult involvement, materials, and experience level for artists.